MECA 6-Hour Class – Hot Work and Tockout/Tagout
March 30, 2019
Location: MECA Office
105 Eastern Ave., Suite 208
Dedham, MA 02026
Instructor: Bob DeSario & Gould Construction Institute
Class will cover general code & 2017 updatesHot Work:
- Identify what Hot Work activities are.
- Describe what is required to be “qualified” to perform Hot Work activities in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Provide essential safety information for people who under take Hot Work.
- Provide information to personal who are responsible for overseeing Hot Work and or are issuing Hot Work permits.Lockout/Tagout:
- Identify lockout/tagout devices
- Select the appropriate lockout/tagout devices for each situation
- Recognize situations where lockout/tagout should be used.
- Working Clearances
- Identify the various working clearances in the NEC
- Improve the participant’s understanding of the requirements related to working space about electrical equipment