Cooperating Membership may be taken by (Vendors, Manufacturers):
- Any person, firm or corporation maintaining a business associated with the electrical industry. Each Cooperating Member, firm or corporation shall certify to the State Office and Chapter Secretary, a member or officer to be his/her or its representative in MECA. Said Cooperating Members may designate an Associate Cooperating Member or Members, and shall certify this to the State Office and Chapter Secretary.
- Any person, firm or cooperation holding a “ Certificate C” and being actively engaged in systems contracting as defined by the laws, requirements and privileges governing the insurance of said “Certificate C” as his/her or its principal business for a period of at least six (6) months. A Cooperating member, firm or corporation insurance and such other insurance as may be necessary for the proper protection of his employees and the public is in force.
- Any person holding a “Certificate A” who is not engaged in electrical contracting as his principal business but whose employment by a person, firm or corporation with the electrical industry.
- Any person holding a “Certificate B” and being actively engaged in electrical contracting as his principal business for a period of at least (6) months. A Cooperating Member holding a “Certificate B” shall certify that Workers Compensation. Public Liability insurance, and such other insurance as may be necessary for the proper protection of an employee and the public is in force.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A COOPERATING MEMBER:
- NETWORKING: Our members get to know each other and gain an advantage from the advice of industry veterans. MECA members are dedicated, loyal and often use services and products supplied by fellow members. MECA is a team of people working together to set a standard the industry needs and deserves.
- CHAPTER MEETINGS: MECA has 8 chapters across Massachusetts that have monthly chapter meetings. MECA incorporates a speaker at each meeting. You are have the opportunity to promote products, perform demonstrations and present their company. MECA members want to know why your product is a better value and what makes your product stand out from the rest.
- NEWSLETTER: Inclusive of legislative and regulation updates, Upcoming events related to the industry, Important information regarding insurance, promotions from various vendors, Class information, safety recalls and any informative information that we feel the industry should be made aware of to ensure all our members are currently up to date.
- CODE BOOKS: Members receive discounts on code books, hand books, tabs, etc. This is an exclusive offer just for our members. MECA prints the code books with the MA amendments bound in the book. You can’t find these at a lower cost anywhere else so our members are able to take advantage of the savings.
- CLASSES: MECA offers classes throughout the year and we pride ourselves at keeping our costs as low as possible in an attempt to allow our members to be able to renew their licenses without having to break the bank. You are what makes up this industry and we want to make sure you successfully strive with knowledge and education to assist with your success!
- MECA Website: Take advantage of free marking of your company products and services by offering our members a discount on our website. MECA will be offering companies the chance to advertise on our website to our members any new products or services for a determined amount of time on our website. As a member there is no cost to you to take advantage of this great opportunity to get your company name and products out there so that you can generate more sales at no cost.
- Surplus Warehouse: We know you probably have materials that you find yourself looking at for months and sometimes even years that you know you’re not going to use and you’re just not sure how to get rid of it all. This innovative tool is an easy way for you to post and seek materials. It’s as simple as taking a picture, writing a brief description and entering your contact information. Clean out your truck, Garage or basement in no time! Get the materials you are looking for at a fraction of the cost if not for FREE!!
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Use of MECA social media sites like Facebook to get up to date information on classes, events, recalls and anything else that we think our members would want to be made aware of. If you have something that you would like to get out there whether it’s an event, conference or a product promotion. Let MECA help you to gain clients, increase attendances and generate a steady increase in sales.
- TRADE SHOW: Guaranteed spot at our annual trade show! The MECA annual trade show is the perfect way to promote yourself, your company or organization and all products and services. This event attracts hundreds of attendees from all over Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and other surrounding states. On average we have 50+ vendors at out trade show which makes it one of the bigger trade shows in this area. MECA Members receive an Exhibitor discount! We advertise your company on our website for a year and depending on the package that is purchased we will have your company name on a banner at our annual meeting. We also send a list of attendees along with pictures of your presentation table to each exhibitor after the trade show. You can use these pictures for your own advertising or newsletters.
- MECA Marketing Materials: MECA has numerous opportunities for companies to advertise their logo, products, etc. on our marketing materials. MECA is constantly going to trade shows, conferences, sending information to our current members and new members as well as performing presentations to Electrical Vo-Tech Schools and events were we pass out presentations folders, brochures and various marketing materials. We are constantly coming up with new ideas to help promote our Cooperating members. We would be happy to consider having your logo on these materials for a minimal cost as a way to promote your company. We would also like to hear any ideas that you may come up with that would benefit your company, MECA and our members.
Cooperating Member Cost:
- $425 (Supply House, Manufacturer, etc.)
- (Systems Contractor)
1 Employee $125 2-5 Employees $250 6+ Employees $425
Chapter Dues: All Members must pick and join a chapter. Chapter dues are collected by the State and dispersed to the chapters. Chapter dues are collected at the same time as your membership dues.
Inspector/Instructor of any chapter – $25